Cabinet Refacing in Houston Texas
[SERVICE] Published: 2022-03-22 - Updated: 2023-02-09
Best Cabinet Refacing in Houston Texas
If you're like most homeowners, you want to preserve the present layout of your kitchen cabinets. The best way is to refresh and update the kitchen cabinets' appearance. Cabinet refacing which is often known as cabinet resurfacing is the way to go. It allows you to preserve your old kitchen while changing its appearance.
Smart Remodeling LLC offers quick and affordable cabinet refacing in Houston. We provide excellent options for upgrading and enhancing your kitchen cabinets. We do this at a fraction of the cost of replacing them entirely.
What Is Cabinet Refacing?
Cabinet refacing is the removal and replacement of cabinet skin panels. This involves removing the doors and drawer fronts. New veneers are then added to the surface of the cabinet's body. During the cabinet refacing process, the hinges, knobs, and drawer pulls are also changed.
Our company, Smart Remodeling LLC based in Houston TX has well-trained employees. We will take meticulous measurements to guarantee that your new refaced cabinet boxes are seamless. We will also color-match cabinets to your new doors and drawer fronts. You will also have the option of selecting new hinges, knobs and/or pulls, and molding to make the change complete.
The Cabinet Refacing Process
Our experienced and trained installers will perform our distinctive cabinet refacing process to give you the best results.
There are four main steps to resurfacing and revitalizing your kitchen cabinets are as follows.
- Taking down your doors
To prepare your kitchen for refacing, your current doors and drawers will first have to be removed.
- Carrying out double-lamination
1/4" of high-grade plywood will be glued to your existing cabinet frames. This will be the first layer of our unique double-lamination refacing process.
- Addition of high-quality veneer
The outside finish will then be added. This will be the second layer of lamination depending on your choice of wood or laminate veneer.
- Installation of the cabinet doors and drawers
To match your refaced cabinets, we will also install new cabinet doors and drawer fronts. We will also install optional drawer boxes if need be. The kitchen refacing project is then finished with new hinges and hardware. (Kitchen Up, 2021)
An Example Of Cabinet Refacing Process in Houston TX
Depending on the size of your kitchen, a cabinet refacing contractor from Smart Remodeling LLC will need at least three days to complete the job.
An example of an installation process:
- Removal of all hardware, doors, and drawer fronts
- Veneering with either natural wood veneer or RTF (rigid thermofoil)
- Covering the sides of the cabinets with wood veneer or laminate
- Replacing the drawer fronts and doors with new ones
- Install drawer pulls, new handles, and other fixtures.
ProTip Takeaway: Allow yourself at least a week for this job if you're doing it as a DIY.
Cabinet Refacing Installation Options
You will have two major material selections when you come to Smart Remodeling LLC for cabinet refacing. There is also the freedom to add on extra features.
Wood: Our variety of furniture-grade wood has a timeless appearance. It has also proven to withstand the test of time. When you choose wood refacing for your kitchen, you'll give it a sophisticated look.
Laminate: Laminate is a low-maintenance alternative to real wood. You can choose from a variety of finishes to complement the aesthetic of your kitchen.
Additional features: One or more aspects of your existing cabinetry can be updated. These include the height, the addition of an island, the addition of more cabinets, and so on. (Family Handymay, 2021)
Refacing Cabinets Evaluation
Refacing isn't suitable for every cabinet. This isn't to say that those old cabinets aren't good choices. In many situations, older cabinet boxes are more durable than modern factory-made boxes.
They will accept new veneers and doors with ease. Once you call us for an evaluation, these are the characteristics of good refacing cabinets we will look for:
- Plywood or MDF panels that are smooth and in good condition are used to make a sturdy box. To adhere correctly, new veneers will require smooth solid surfaces.
- Solid hardwood face frames. If the face frames are made of good hardwood will they will receive veneers. They can also be used to securely attach doors and drawer fronts.
- Internal hardware that is in good working order. They can include drawer tracks and internal storage elements. (Kitchen Magic, 2021)
Costs Of Cabinet Refacing in Houston
Cabinet refacing is less expensive than replacing your existing cabinets with custom cabinets. It is however not a cheaper alternative for new kitchen cabinets. Cabinet refacing done by professionals costs 30 to 50% less than custom cabinet replacement.
Professional cabinet resurfacing costs start at $91 per linear foot for a laminate finish. This cost can go up to $454 per foot for a real wood veneer.
Refacing cabinets typically costs between $4,151 and $9,238. The cost of refacing kitchen cabinets is determined by the following factors:
- Wood veneers range in price from $2,500 to $6,000. You can choose from walnut, birch, or oak. Veneers, on the other hand, are sturdy and enduring and cost 25% more than laminates.
- A plastic laminate costs $1,000 to $3,000. Solid wood costs $5,000, which is much more because homeowners trust it more. It can be readily restored or repaired when it wears out.
- Cabinet handles range in price from $5 to $15. However, prices vary based on the ` and materials used. (Home Serve Blog, 2021)
ProTip Takeaway: A DIYer who can do the refacing will save a little more money. The veneer materials will cost $500 to $1,000. This will also include the cost of new doors, drawer fronts, hardware, and tools.
Cost per Square Foot
$91 - $454 per foot
$4,151 to $9,238
Wood Veneers cost
$2,500 to $6,000
Soli wood Cost
Plastic Laminate Cost
$1,000 to $3,000
Cabinet Handles Cost
$5 to $15
Pros And Cons Of Cabinet Refacing In Houston
When deciding on a kitchen redesign, the benefits and drawbacks of cabinet refacing should be carefully weighed.
- There are many different styles to choose from. There are a variety of veneer alternatives available, both for laminates and natural woods.
- Cost-cutting. Refacing your cabinets gives them the appearance of new cabinets for around half the price.
- The kitchen arrangement is preserved. If your present kitchen layout satisfies your needs, refacing is a great choice.
- Refacing is an environmentally friendly remodeling choice. Cabinet boxes are manufactured from MDF. They contain formaldehyde which is a dangerous chemical.
Refacing keeps them out of landfills. It also prevents the feeling of fresh trees for the construction of new custom cabinet boxes.
- Finishing wood veneers may include additional processes such as staining and varnishing.
- The alternative of doing it yourself is difficult. Veneering is an acquired talent that should only be attempted by an expert DIYer.
- Costs can mount up quickly. Refacing may not save you much money over the cost of installing new custom cabinets. By the time you add doors and drawer fronts, hinges, and hardware the cost might go up.
- It is not possible to change the layout. Refacing does not allow for layout changes or the expansion of countertop space. It is not a choice for you if your kitchen needs a footprint modification.
- The interiors of cabinet boxes do not change. If your current cabinets are missing shelves or other storage features, replacing them to meet your storage needs could be costly. (The Spruce, 2021)
Recommendations for Cabinet Refacing in Houston TX
Should the existing cabinets be well-built and in good shape, a different design may not be wanted. The cabinet refacing process might be a solid, cost-effective option for kitchen remodeling for this. It's also an excellent option if the current kitchen layout is functional.
You may be better off replacing them entirely if the existing cabinets have structural issues. This will also be the way to go if the existing cabinets are in bad condition, or lack internal storage features.
Why Choose Smart Remodeling LLC in Houston TX For Your Cabinet Refacing?
What sets us apart from our competition is our devotion to quality assurance and our customer service is second to none. Customers routinely tell us how much they appreciate our excellent customer service, honest work ethic, and affordable costs. Our consumers are more than simply customers to us; they are members of our community.
We understand that when it comes to remodeling your kitchen in Houston TX, you have a lot of options. When it comes to making your cabinets the center of attention in the kitchen, only one firm comes to mind.
We guarantee that our staff listens closely and provides solutions that are tailored to your needs. Our team of qualified experts is ready to work safely to offer you a kitchen update that meets your needs and budget. Our company is locally owned and operated, and we are familiar with the demands of homeowners in our area.