Custom Walk-in Closets systems
[BLOG] Published: 2022-05-10 - Updated: 2022-05-17
Custom Walk-in Closets systems
Custom walk-in closet systems can be found in any room of the house. They are usually the "crown gem" of the bedroom and are second only to a lavish en suite. Though not all walk-in closets are large, the benefits of having one can be substantial and include more than just additional storage.
Many homeowners use their luxury walk-in closet as a dressing room, using it to start and end their hectic days. A well-built custom walk-in closet system can also significantly increase the value of a home.
What Is a Custom Walk-in Closet System?
This is a place where you can use a single room or area in the house to store clothes and headgear, as well as seasonal things, and makeup. Custom walk-in closet systems typically include dressing tables, changing mirrors, and even fetching ladders. You will also find lockers, ironing boards, clothes racks, benches, and other amenities.
Custom walk-in closet systems should be at least 4 square meters in size. Inside, unique storage areas such as a hanging area, a stacking area, an underwear area, a footwear area, and a bedding area can be created.
Custom walk-in closet systems should be built to suit the needs of the family. As a result, the room must first be large enough.
Pros and Cons of Custom Walk-in Closet Systems
Adding a custom walk-in closet system to a bedroom is a very simple home improvement project that can provide the owners with numerous pros and cons.
It's a big space
They're fantastic for organizing
It is expensive
You may have to sacrifice space
The available space is used well
More Storage Space
Reduced Dressing Time
Pros of Custom Walk-in Closet Systems
- Multi-functional. The walk-in closet system’s greatest benefit is its versatility. In comparison to the classic closet, the walk-in closet is clearly more appropriate for today's society and living environment.
- They're fantastic for organizing. A walk-in closet is ideal if you have a lot of shoes, clothes, and accessories because it keeps everything organized. When you wake up in the morning, you'll know precisely where your pants are, and where that best pair of shoes is.
- Value Addition. One of the greatest options for adding value to a home is building custom walk-in closet systems. The extra space will be appreciated by potential purchasers. It may even contribute to the sale by making your home more presentable, which will improve its perceived worth.
ProTip Takeaway: When it comes to estimating the value of your closet in your home, the details will matter a lot, but it will generally be a good investment.
- More Privacy. There are occasions when you require a little additional privacy, such as getting dressed while others are present. In certain cases, you can just close the door to a walk-in closet and use it as a private room.
- The available space is used well. A walk-in closet allows you to make the most of the space you have. If you have oddly shaped rooms, a walk-in closet can help you square them off. With the custom walk-in closet systems in place, you can make the most of every inch of available space while remaining organized.
- More Storage Space. The majority of people build custom walk-in closet systems in order to store their clothing and accessories. Closets come in all shapes and sizes, but 60 to 100 square feet is a popular size. This provides a vast amount of storage space, especially for those that use shelves to maximize vertical space.
- Reduced Dressing Time. In the morning, the average person actually spends between 11 and 30 minutes getting ready. Having a custom walk-in closet system can help you save on time.
You can have your custom walk-in closet system built into a dressing room by adding a mirror, hairdryer, and other accessories. This will save you time in the morning by eliminating the need to move back and forth between your dresser and a mirror or between appliances. (Millwork, 2021)
Cons of Custom Walk-in Closet Systems
- It's a big space. If you aren't particularly organized, this makes it incredibly easy to lose items. You can end up spending more time each day looking through your wardrobe for that ideal piece if you don't have the correct storage space and a strategy in place for what goes where.
- It is expensive. When compared to other clothing storage alternatives, custom walk-in closet systems are the most expensive. This is due to the fact that you will need to install more carpeting, lights, and materials in general, all of which will increase the expense.
- You may have to sacrifice space. If you're remodeling, you'll have to give up space in another room for custom walk-in closet systems. They take up so much more room than your other options. (Alair Homes, 2021)
ProTip Takeaway: Working with a competent contractor to plan the area will help you determine where you can save space without sacrificing the functionality or value of your property.
Cost of Custom Walk-in Closets Systems
Knowing how much you can spend on your custom walk-in closet systems will greatly assist you in planning and determining which resources you will be able to use. You can't even properly build a suitable storage solution for your closet unless you have a budget in mind.
Do-It-Yourself Custom Walk-in Closet Systems
Many different types of custom walk-in closet systems are now available at various pricing points. A do-it-yourself system can cost anywhere from around $150 for a simple setup to over $600 for a custom walk-in closet system with flexible options. Vinyl-coated wire systems are often less expensive than solid wire systems that have a wood veneer or painted finish.
Professionally Built Custom Walk-in Closet Systems
If you're not good with tools and have the money, you can hire a professional to build custom walk-in closet systems in your home. Custom walk-in closet systems can cost anywhere from $750 to $3,500, depending on the size, according to Home Advisor. You should anticipate paying $750 to $2,000 if it's on the smaller side, such as 5 feet by 5 feet. If you have a 100-square-foot plan, on the other hand, it will cost you between $2,000 and $3,500. (Home Advisor, 2022)
ProTip Takeaway: Because of their adaptability and storage options, custom walk-in closet systems are most commonly found in master bedrooms. You can also add luxuries like a vanity, center island, or dressing area to bigger closet systems.
Custom Walk-in Closet Systems Value Addition To Your Home
Custom walk-in closet systems will add value to your home but it’s important to plan your home renovation project. This will guarantee that you receive the finest storage option for your money. With the cost of building a custom closet being high, you'll want to make sure the final product is both functional and appealing. (Affordable Closets, 2020)
ProTip Takeaway: A walk-in closet in the master bedroom, for example, can help a home compete on the market. However, converting a bedroom into a closet may result in a loss of value.
Factors That Can Affect Closet Systems Value Addition To Your Home
Storage for Accessories
When designing a custom walk-in closet system, you must consider more than only clothes. You'll also need to make room for accessories such as ties, belts, jewelry, and shoes, among other things.
If you have the money, you can add extra features or finishes to your room to give it a more luxurious feel. Potential purchasers like full-length mirrors, counter space, and bifold doors, as well as quality and eco-friendly materials like cedar.
The Available Space
You'll need to make sure your closet has enough room for your whole wardrobe. A small closet will not appeal to prospective buyers as much as one that is large. However, you must ensure that there is enough floor space for the rest of your furniture without making the room feel claustrophobic. (Home Serve Blog, 2021)
Choose Smart Remodeling LLC for Your Custom Walk-in Closet Systems
Since the closet is where your daily routine begins and ends, we feel it should be a haven of serenity, order, and beauty. When it comes to customizing one of your home's most private rooms, we collaborate with you to turn your closet into a well-organized storage haven.
The numerous advantages of installing a custom closet system with rods, shelving, built-in drawers, and cabinets make your life easier. You'll feel a sense of peace that will carry you through the day. Our method turns the arrangement of your closet system into art, and your closet into a haven.
Are you looking to have custom walk-in closet systems In Houston, Texas? Smart Remodeling LLC can design, build, and install a custom walk-in closet system in your home today!
You'll be able to create and collaborate on the perfect closet for you with the help of a Smart Remodeling LLC designer! We adore custom walk-in closet systems, and we're confident you will as well once we're finished. Feel free to contact us today for a free consultation.