BEST MASTER BEDROOM ADDITION CONTRACTOR IN HOUSTON
[BLOG] Published: 2021-08-15 - Updated: 2023-05-31
MASTER BEDROOM ADDITION CONTRACTOR IN HOUSTON
If you’re looking for a master bedroom addition contractor you have come to the right place. At Smart Remodeling LLC, we have the best addition team so you can have a perfect master bedroom addition experience.
Adding a new master bedroom that includes a bathroom will give you a retreat place where you can go to escape the stresses of your everyday life (Trevor, 2005). Adding that new bedroom to the home should increase the square footage and overall value of your home.
Discuss Your Options with Our Contractors
If you don't want to do the full-on bedroom addition, which will include getting rid of the foundation and excavating, you could always talk to us to give you the available options. You can opt to re-purpose an existing area in the home to be turned into a master bedroom or allow an existing bedroom to become a master bedroom suite.
Master Bedroom Addition Cost
According to Remodeling Magazine's 2020 Cost vs. Value Report, a mid-range master suite addition can run up to $136,739, while an upscale version can run up to $282,062.
The cost stated above is high as it is an assumption that you're doing a full master bedroom addition and not transforming the existing space.
If that’s the case, you will have to cater for the cost of building the entire space considering things like excavating, building a strong foundation, building the walls, and the cost of a new roof.
You'll have to consider the costs of adding additional plumbing and electrical work if you’re adding a new bathroom.
There is a lot to consider in terms of costs, the cost may become even more when you add interior features that add luxury to the master bedroom such as the soaking tub, new hot shower which also brings about the cost of heating and cooling the space.
Consider the Value of Adding A New Master Bedroom
According to a recent report by the Cost vs. Value Report, you will only recover about $80,029 when you sell your property, or about 58.5% of the overall cost, though the percentage of anticipated resale value decreased over the last year.
Our team of contractors will help you get the best value for your new master bedroom and property in general. We will offer consultations and help you settle with the best alternative. We will advise you on the best way to help you save on costs and ultimately get the greatest value of adding a new master bedroom to your home.
Where to Start When Planning Your Master Bedroom Suite
At Smart Remodeling LLC, we endeavor to listen to your master bedroom ideas and needs and give you the best terms of bedroom addition cost. Our contractors will help you to determine the appropriate amount of space you need to meet your objectives and work with you on all aspects of the project from drawings to completion.
We will begin the planning stage and these are the factors to take into account:
- Privacy – You will need a lot of privacy in the new master bedroom, privacy from the kids and the neighbors too. Our contractors will advise you to place closets in the new bedroom. They will act as a sound barrier between you and the rest of the house.
- View – If you live in an area with a great view take advantage of it by placing large windows to enjoy it. Worry not if you have no view, we will advise you to consider adding outdoor access to a private patio or secret garden.
- Separation – We will help you in deciding whether to put a door or a small hallway to separate your master bedroom from the main living space. To make the master bedroom feel bigger and more luxurious, we can advise you to also go with an open plan. However, with this option, you will have to install heavy-duty ventilation to prevent odors and humidity from entering the bedroom.
- Storage – We will take time to assess your storage needs and consider things like closets, walk-in closets as well as shelving and cabinet layouts as we plan for the new master bedroom.
- Maintenance – Before making a final decision on the new master bedroom addition, you need to think about the maintenance of the new addition. For instance, how much time will be required to clean the new master bedroom. Our qualified contractors will be with you every step of the way even in deciding. Choosing a glass enclosure for a shower or a free-standing tub will require regular cleaning while stone counters require fixing. When it comes to the floor finish, carpeting under a bed is more difficult to clean than a hardwood floor.
ProTip Takeaway: Having wider doorways will come in handy when moving in larger furniture into the bedroom.
How to Build A Master Bedroom Addition?
The most important thing to remember when building a master bedroom addition is that it must adhere to the Houston building codes (Robert, 2017). Ensure all the necessary permits are available before the building starts. This means that the blueprints and specifications for the new project are ready for submission to the Houston code enforcement department to go through the approval and permitting process.
ProTip Takeaway: Make sure a permit is secured before the building starts to avoid getting in trouble with the law.
Choosing the Amenities
We know that when starting the new master bedroom addition project, you are starting with a blank slate. Our master bedroom Team at Smart Remodeling LLC in Houston is the best in the business. We offer choices and solutions that will give your new bedroom features that you’ve always wanted and fixtures and finishes to match your aesthetic style
The average cost of building a new master bedroom will be affected by different variables in the long run. You might find that in today’s market in Houston, a marble bathroom floor is enormously expensive when compared with porcelain tile. Be sure to contact our master bedroom addition contractors for pricing that’s special just for you.
ProTip Takeaway: Decide in advance your top priorities for luxury items and fixtures as this will give you an idea of what your budget will entail.
What’s Included in a Master Suite Addition
- Grooming sinks: Each sink with a mirror and counter space to make things easy for each person when getting ready. Cost: $2,500 to $5,000.
- A large shower: A shower of 4-feet-by-6-feet is big enough for two. The space can even have a bench and a few inbuilt storage shelves at different heights to store the shower gel and other items. Cost: $3,000 to $5,000.
- A big single or shared walk-in closet: A 7-feet-by-10-feet is enough for a single closet (hers). If it’s a shared closet 10-feet-by-10-feet is big enough for two. This will give you room to put your clothes and even add inbuilt organizers. Cost: $3,000 to $8,000
- Radiant floor heating in the new bathroom: Nothing feels better than stepping on a warm floor when going to take a shower. Cost: $1,500 to $3,500
His and her grooming sinks
$2,500 to $5,000
A large shower
$3,000 to $5,000
A big single or shared walk-in closet
$3,000 to $8,000
Radiant floor heating
$1,500 to $3,500
Decorating the Newly Added Master Bedroom
Decorating your new master bedroom addition can be a challenging task though there are many places to get master bedroom decor ideas. Our Team will help you with all the work, they will help you to find options that fit your style preferences.
The bed is the focal point in the master bedroom so when choosing the bedding for the room choose with this in mind to get matching items. The theme of the new master bedroom is also a factor to consider. This will include the choice of wall color and floor type which will then guide you to finding decor and other accessories that will work in the bedroom.
We will always choose what is best for you. We will ensure we optimize and utilize the new master bedroom addition space by finding options that serve more than one purpose. Let us give you that master bedroom with storage space underneath for extra room for you to store out-of-season clothing and bedding that you don't use.
ProTip Takeaway: Hiring an interior designer can make your work easier as they will do all the decor work for you.
Whether you are considering a new master bedroom addition with or without a bathroom, our Smart Remodeling LLC Team will help you throughout the process. We will help you weigh the benefits against the cost so that either way you know exactly what to expect. The bottom line is you'll enjoy a luxurious master bedroom for years to come.