Get Perfect Addition: Best Bathroom Addition Contractor
[BLOG] Published: 2021-04-18 - Updated: 2023-02-09
How To Get A Perfect Bathroom Addition With The Best Bathroom Addition Contractors Near Me
When you have a growing family, contacting "bathroom addition contractors near me" for your bathroom addition project is the best way to increase your home's convenience and resale value.
Being the most asked home renovations and modification project, getting your project done to your satisfaction is goes a long way in enhancing the comfort and style of your home.
Whether you're preparing to accommodate more guests or want a new addition to serving, you're your ballooning family; nothing can bring you joy other than having enough bathroom to handle your family and guests. Therefore, you have to make it better.
How to Get the Best Out of Bathroom Addition Contractors
If you are unsure about who to hire for bathroom remodeling, we're here to help turn the plan and design into reality. Whether you're planning for a complete bathroom makeover or want to add a few commodities, enlisting for services of reputable bathroom remodeling and renovation contractor goes a long way in handing you the best results ever. Below are some of the things to consider when planning for your bathroom addition.
- Get a Perfect Design
The first and most important step in remodeling a bathroom is to think of an ideal design. Perhaps you want to improve or completely change the existing design to give your bathroom a decent, modern look.
Whether you have a master bath, ensuite, or powder room, you can create a design statement that is not only inspiring but also functional and comfortable. Some of the most inspiring bathroom design ideas include the following.
- Use smaller bathroom vanities instead of larger vanities which only waste precious space.
- Consider using hung toilet and cabinetry if you're dealing with a small bath floor.
- You can maximize space by installing mirrored, recessed medicine cabinets that appear like simple, stylish mirrors but incorporate hidden storage.
- Use hooks for hanging towels instead of towel racks.
- Emphasize texture to add interest without necessarily getting too busy with color.
- Mismatched bath elements can look a bit surreal, making the entire room look out of proportion. So consider picking elements that are in proportion to your space.
- Don't go overboard with décor and try to find a balance between your style and personality.
- Get a little bit creative with storage and organization.
Pro Tip Takeaway: Choose a bathroom design that reflects your personality and blends with your home's overall style.
- Get Demolition Work Done by Pros
Demolishing an entire bathroom can be a daunting process, and that is why we recommend that you find qualified "bathroom addition contractors near me" to handle the job. Reliable experts will disassemble and remove any debris remaining behind.
It is important to use proper techniques and follow the right steps during demolition to minimize mess and protect other areas from potential contaminants like debris and dust. Here is our recommended demo procedure.
- Take off old fixtures and elements – Once you develop a plan, remove outdated fixtures and ensure you start with the most vulnerable ones like mirrors.
- Dismantle baseboards across the wall to make it a lot easier to take off old cabinets.
- Remove the vanity by unhooking its connections. You may have to shut off the water supply, disconnect the drain pipes and drain stopper, and remove the supply lines' connection.
- Disconnect the P-trap, clean it, and inspect it for damages.
- Remove the screws and base cabinet off the wall.
- Remove shut-off valves.
- Remove bulbs and all other lighting fixtures.
Pro Tip Takeaway: An expert will help professionally demolish your bathroom to prevent contaminating the rest of the rooms.
- Get Your Utilities Done Right
If you want to expand your bathroom or upgrade the existing design, you may need to find the right experts to handle your plumbing, drywall, insulation, and electrical work. At Smart Remodeling, we partner with the best industry experts to ensure all your utilities are installed correctly according to your requirements.
Pro Tip Takeaway: Proper installation of utilities contributes to the overall success of your project.
- Get Stylish With Your Countertops
Bathroom countertops come in a variety of materials, sizes, and shapes. Installing good countertops in your bathroom helps elevate beauty and durability. Common bathroom countertop materials include marble, laminate, granite, quartz, and tile.
But you don't have to worry if you are unsure of what to use in your space. Our dedicated team will help you pick a countertop material that is suitable for your bathroom.
Pro Tip Takeaway: Choose a countertop material that suits the existing design within your budget range.
New Bathroom Addition Cost
How much does a bathroom addition cost? If you're building a bathroom for the first time, you may find it rough figuring out the project's overall cost. The reality is that there isn't a straight answer to that question. The amount you pay depends on several factors, including your project's scope, design, scale, materials used, labor expenses, and more.
A simple bathroom upgrade including flooring, painting, and installing wallpaper will run anywhere from $2,500 to $12,500. The cost of new bathroom addition ranges between $20,000 and $45,000, but the range can increase up to $50,000 depending on your space's size.
The national average cost for a 100 sq. ft. bathroom addition is about $70,000. With such varying figures, it's important to watch your expenses and overall budget to avoid overspending.
Pro Tip Takeaway: Analyze your situation and develop a budget that suits your needs and requirements.
Master Bathroom Addition
Everyone loves master bath suites. While there is nothing wrong with sharing a bathroom with the rest of the family, it feels good to have your own space where you will enjoy baths and showers in a more relaxing and convenient way.
Moreover, adding a master suite is a significant enhancement to your home that gives you peace of mind and promotes family harmony. Additionally, it can be a great selling point for your home as many buyers love well-groomed bathrooms.
According to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), buyers favor homes where bathrooms are in line with the number of bedrooms. This means that if you need an extra bathroom in your home, you will never go wrong with a master suite.
Why Add a Master Bathroom?
One of the main reasons for a master bath addition is to increase your home's resale value. If your home has a single bathroom, your most important addition could be a second bathroom. Besides adding the number of baths in your house, you must consider their features and value.
It is important to consider showers vs. tubs. It's worth noting that young families with children will most likely be considering a tub for obvious reasons. On the other hand, older people often prefer a shower over a tub.
Alternatively, if you already have a master suit but it's too small, you may want to expand it. Maybe you want to restructure the layout, update fixtures, or create more space to provide the privacy and comfort you need.
You can start by searching for the best bathroom addition contractors near me to find qualified experts to restructure your master suite. A professionally upgraded master suite provides endless options.
- It can be a personal retreat that provides pampering touches after a busy day.
- You can create a haven for unwinding and relaxation after completing your daily chores.
- You can include a personal sitting area where you can spend time reading, writing, and reflecting about the day.
- It can also be a quiet station where you'll enjoy a cup of coffee or tea as you ease your evening off.
- You can add a wine bar where you will enjoy your favorite wine in a private space.
Master Suite Bathroom Must-haves
When it comes to master suite additions, you have unlimited options. You only have to consider your budget and needs. A mid-range bath takes up to 400 to 650 square feet and usually features a double-sink vanity, walk-in shower, and a soaking tub in a complete bedroom with a large walk-in closet.
A high-end master suite addition is about 650 square feet, more luxurious, and consists of several amenities. It features a balcony, a wine bar, tea/coffee station, entertainment area, separate toilet area, double sinks, and sitting area.
No matter the type of master suite addition you choose, there are common must-haves for both designs. They include larger showers with different heights and multiple shower heads; one or more walk-in closets; a grooming area, each with separate counter space and mirror; a large soaking tub; and windows and balcony for ventilation and lighting.
Pro Tip Takeaway: Choose master suite must-haves that add value and function to your space.
Start Your Project Today
A bathroom addition is one of the most sought home improvement projects that can tremendously improve your home value. At Smart Remodeling LLC, we get everything done perfectly according to your budget and plan.